Friday, February 19, 2010

Childbirth Class-Saturday

I'm so excited about Saturday! We're attending our all-day childbirth class from 9am-5pm followed by a maternity center tour!!!! When I scheduled this class it seemed like it was sooo far in the distance, yet here it is upon us. A full day of learning and I love learning. Especially about anything that will aid me in having a great birth experience. According to the hospital's website here's what we can expect:

An 8 hour childbirth education class that teaches mom and her partner what to expect during labor and birth. We will discuss the stages of labor, relaxation, breathing techniques, common concerns, comfort measures and much more. Plan to bring 2 pillows. Light refreshments will be served.

I'm starting to realize now that I have a lot to do between now and the arrival of my sweet little girl. I need to start shopping for all the things I'll need for the hospital. I'm going to take one large suitcase that will accommodate my things, G's and baby girls. Plus whatever the hospital gives me b/c I plan to take it all! I need maternity bras, nipple cream, heavy-duty pads, a few gowns and a list of other things. Once the bag is packed, next we'll install the car seat. My Mama purchased the Chicco travel system today!!! I can't wait until next weekend to get it. I also need to get my Thank You cards out to my Sorors from the shower that they gave me. I definitely don't want to get behind on things like that. I've written them all out, they just need to be delivered. Originally, I wanted to hand deliver them, but since now I don't know when I'll see them all again I suppose mailing them will be the best route.

In addition to stocking up and packing the hospital bag, I also need to find gifts for my 10 hostesses. My shower is next Saturday and I have a lot of family and friends coming in town to celebrate with us. These are truly exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment