Friday, February 26, 2010

The Day Before....

It's 7am on the Friday before my shower and I'm up. I've actually been awake since about 3am , which is starting to be the norm. Little Miss starts her exercise routine quite early in the morning. I suppose it's all rehearsal for when she's here and its time for feedings and/or changings. No complaining, just amazement actually. I just can't believe I'm less than 40 days away from being a mother and having a daughter. That really blows my mind. The months have truly flown by.

But today I have a few things to do in preparation for my BIG DAY tomorrow! I took a personal day of vacation so that I could run a few errands and prepare for my guests who are coming into town today. My mama, brother, cousin and a few friends are coming in today at various times. Honestly, I'm just excited that they are all coming here to see me and the fact that my baby shower is tomorrow with even more of our family and friends is the cherry on top. I'm BIG on family and all of my friends are like siblings to me. I feel all giddy like a little kid!

I'm looking forward to some pampering in the form of a manicure and pedicure and perhaps even a facial. It's the small things. I still haven't decided which dress I'm wearing to the shower, nor what accessories. I'm having my make-up done by M-A-C an hour before the shower, so that I don't have to concern myself with. Also, I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with my hair. I have locs and unfortunately I waited until the last minute to contact my stylist to see if she had availability to style me today. I just had my locs maintained (shampooed, conditioned, retwisted and styled) two weeks ago so it wouldn't be a full out appt, just something fly for the shower. She's pretty popular and great with locs so she's already booked up for the day. It's ok, I'll just have to be creative on my own head like I was prior to pregnancy when I stopped doing my locs myself. It's been sooo nice having someone else do my hair for me. I wonder if I'll ever go back to doing them myself? IDK.

Today is not all play, we need groceries....bad! At some point today G and I or G or I will head to get some goodies for the house. We've been really bad about eating out a lot. We keep the staples on deck, but cooking just doesn't happen much here. I for one, never know what it is that I want to eat, much less cooking it. G has really stepped up and been the chef in our household and I think even he has gotten tired of eating the same things over and over again. That's kinda where I am, just tired of everything. Hopefully my normal taste buds will return after Miss Olivia is born and we normalize our lives.

Back to today.....so I'm getting up to do some laundry and a little bit of cleaning and I'll prepare some breakfast for myself. G is having the brakes fixed on his truck this morning so he won't be home until late morning. Today is going to be fun and tomorrow even funner!! (Legally Blonde) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment