Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Sisters and Me.....

I know I am blessed and I say it all the time. God has truly surrounded me with some AMAZING women. Women who are like sisters to me and whom I love dearly. My Dynamic Sorors of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. hosted a shower for me at one of my favorite Mexican eateries. As always, we enjoyed one anothers company, ate good, laughed and took tons of pictures.

The love was evident not only in gifts, but by the very fact that they were there to share in this joyous time with me. My heart was full of gratitude b/c these women, my sisters, love me and my baby. Olivia is already sooo loved and that is truly the blessing! She has more aunties than she can even begin to count! It's a blessing to have such a supportive network of family and friends. I've always wanted a sister, but being the oldest child and only girl prevented that from happening. But God, in His infinite wisdom gave me more than I could ask or even think in the sisterhood of Delta. I so love my Sorority and all of my wonderful Sorors.

Here are a few pics from the celebration!








Then I tried to talk and was COMPLETELY overcome with emotion. My heart was so full! When people tell you that they love you its one thing. But when they show up and show you, Wow...it's amazing. My sisters extend their love for me to my baby and I was just so thankful because I know they didn't have to do it. It was such a beautiful celebration for which I am eternally grateful.

1 comment: