Friday, June 25, 2010

Michael Joseph Jackson: In Memory

It's really hard to believe that it has been a year since the passing of the legendary Michael Jackson. I remember exactly where I was when I got news that he was dead....Wal-mart. Someone called this girl in the same aisle as me and she started screaming and I went to her asked if she was ok and she screamed, "Michael's dead!!!" I was like "Michael who?" and she said Michael Jackson and felt my face just freeze. I was truly shocked because it was honestly one of the last things I'd expected to hear that day.

Michael was without a doubt a phenomenal talent. He's had so much musical success that we can treasure his legacy forever! I wonder if his kids even realize how important a figure MJ was not only for the music scene, but also for the African-American community. I don't think there will ever live a greater talent than Michael's.

The Thriller album was on constant rotation in our house. My mama would put this album on that gigantic, floor model, record player and we'd clean house listening to MJ (yes Mama....I remember that). This was the beginning of my love for Michael. However, my favorite songs cross several albums and include: PYT (Pretty Young Thing), Off the Wall, Rock With You, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Annie Are You Ok?, Thriller, I'm Bad, Billie Jean...and the list goes on.

We will make a special effort to share his great music with Olivia. He was the greatest of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment