Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm A Working Mommy

Last Wednesday was my first day back to work since giving birth to Olivia. My co-workers are thrilled to have me back. So much so that they bought me the cake above. I thought it a good idea to make a short work week. Although I only worked 3 days last week it felt like a full week. It wasn't soo bad I suppose, but it was definitely an adjustment. No naps during an 8-hr workday and after getting up through the night with Liv, I was a little exhausted at the end of the day. It also felt weird to be away from her for so long. When I took her to her Granny's house before going to work, I felt sad for having to leave her, but happy that I could leave her with someone who loves her very much.

Tomorrow begins a full work week and I'm just not mentally or physically ready. Liv is still not quite sleeping through the night and sometimes has some difficulty getting back to sleep after taking a bottle. If she's not asleep, then I'm not asleep. But the day goes on anyway. Today, I really wanted to make it to church, but after the night/morning I've had, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm sure we'll soon find a rhythm and get in balance soon......at least I'm hoping.

1 comment:

  1. Ha,ha that cake was trip! Hope it was good & glad you survived. We all do somehow...

    ReplyDelete