Monday, March 8, 2010

Get'R Done Mode!

Admittedly, I surprise myself sometimes and often I don't even know where the energy comes from. Saturday morning I was up bright and early starting chores. No, not chores for the house or chores for myself but for Little Miss. I started laundering her things; more blankets, onesies, socks, mittens caps, changing pad cover,picture and coming home ensembles. Then I had the novel idea to finally clean out my junk drawer. It was long overdue and I feel so much more accomplished having done it. The hospital bag is a work in progress. All of her things are packed, most of my things are too sans the everyday toiletries that can be added at the last minute. I still can't decide what exactly might be comfortable for me to wear during my stay and return home from the hospital. Not knowing what the weather will be like certainly doesn't help. So...I'm thinking of maybe some yoga pants and comfy tees. I seriously doubt that I'll be judged on my fashion sense during those few days there....and even if I am, I certainly won't care.

After the slumbering father-2-be awakened from his I-worked-all-last-night-nap, we headed out to Target and Babies R' Us. Target first b/c we had some returns to make and b/c we have the most buying power there due to the numerous gift cards we received at our shower. Unfortunately, the in-store selection is not all that great, so we've been relegated to purchasing online for most things. Babies R' Us proved to be a quick headache when the customer service lady did not want to take an item back b/c it did not have a tag. Well, I could understand that if there were several of the very same items hanging on the racks! I don't know why the tag was removed, maybe it was a re gift, I don't know, but we weren't able to return it. So now I have two of those items.

Once we returned home I started yet another load for Little Miss. This time laundering cloth diapers which I'll use as burp clothes and as the go-between her and the changing pad b/c I can already see that thing getting dirty daily, and her waterproof mattress pad cover. Basically, everything that will touch her directly or is hers has been laundered or will be. I even took apart her Chicco car seat and laundered it in the highly revered Dreft detergent. I hope my baby doesn't have a reaction to that stuff b/c that's all I've been using b/c that's what everyone has recommended. We even purchased more of the stuff on Saturday....we will soon find out. Sunday night we ordered the Pack n' Play/Bassinet thingy from Wal-Mart. We had a gift card that we could use there to help defray the cost, which is always a good thing. Its scheduled to deliver to our local Wally World between the 17th and the 21st. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm so excited! I keep going into her room looking at her little socks and outfits just trying to imagine her in them. I'm going to be a mother real soon and I'm thrilled beyond belief! The countdown continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment