Sunday, January 10, 2010

Early Mornings, Early Nights

The realization is finally setting in that my mornings will probably be running concurrent with my nights. My sweet darling has started to wake me up around the 5am hour with her lovely little kicks. When I open my eyes, I catch a view of my clock which normally has a number starting with 3,4 or 5 before the colon....sigh. It is what it is. So I lay there for a few minutes and rub my belly and converse with my darling daughter and then I hear it. The rumbling of a hungry belly. Could I really be hungry at the 3,4 or 5am hour? Apparently so and Olivia makes sure that I'm aware of it. So I do what any attentive and nurturing mama-to-be would do, I roll out of bed and head downstairs towards the kitchen to satisfy my child's desire. At this early hour, it's usually only a piece of fruit and/or a bowl of cereal b/c more than likely I will attempt to get back to sleep for at least another hour.

For instance, this morning my dear heart starting kickboxing around 5am and so I had a b0wl of cereal and grabbed a bottled water and headed back upstairs to the warm comforts of my bed. She seemed mildly appeased with that. She's definitely not asleep (and obviously neither am I) but she is still tumbling around in there. I love this! I really do. It's not a complaint, but an observation. I always wondered what it would feel like to have someone moving around side your body quite randomly. It's the most amazing experience ever. A true God act!

So it's Sunday and I normally go to 7:30am services but since the roads are still kinda icy and it would be dark with me leaving home, I'm going to 9:30am services instead so that I can actually see the road. After a good Word, I'm going to Babies R' Us to pick up the mattress so that when the crib is delivered I can dress the crib w/her beautiful bedding. The dresser was delivered last night from Ikea and it's beautiful. I'm so ready to finally be completely finished with the nursery so that I can begin washing her clothes and putting them away. I'm officially in my 3rd trimester now and I anticipate getting back to feeling tired and sluggish as she will reach her full maturity during this stage. I don't want to have major things undone. I've planned things out so that the only major things I'll have are my baby shower(s), which I'm definitely been looking forward to. Maybe I can stop spending $. Yeah, right. LOL. Maybe I'll also hit the outlets after church. I have coupons for Carter's and OshKosh. I can't help it. The deals are so unbelievably good you just can't pass them up. Every single thing in her (walk-in) closet is from clearance and/or is a sale item. I'm proud of myself. I'm a smart and efficient shopper. So I don't feel bad at all when my friends say, "you're not going to leave anything for us to buy!" Quite the contrary, there will be plenty of things to purchase, a full registry of things, but clothes, she will never have too many of those, right? (Now that was one long run-on sentence...LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment