Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010: Vision

Although I rang in 2010 at home with a terrible stomach ache (no more hot dogs during pregnancy), I was determined to make better of the first day of 2010. I attended my first ever Vision Board Brunch hosted by the oh so fabulous Ms. Nina Brown, Super Producer at V-103. Even that nearly didn't happen b/c I woke up late (9:15am) and the brunch started at 10am. I need to shower, dress and get downtown in 45 mins, and that seemed impossible and unreasonable for a nearly 7 month pregnant lady. So I contemplated my day and sulked for about 2 mins , disappointed that I hadn't thought to set my alarm so that I could be on time for the VBB. I hate being late, I hate it! I took one minute to think my wardrobe through and then I got into action. I was dressed and out the door by 9:45 headed to Justin's in Buckhead.

Breaking all speed barriers, and by the favor of God, I made it there at a decent time, considering, and was able to still get a good seat thanks to a former co-worker spotting me out of the crowd. The energy was so strong and so positive that I was immediately glad that I'd pressed my way to be in the mix. The attendees were mostly women, age 20-45 (I'm guessing) but there were some gents in the place as well. Everyone there to take part in creating a pictorial vision of their 2010 and futures. Unfortunately, in my haste to get to the venue, I forgot to grab my camera, so I only have this one picture of Nina and I that was taken using the Blackberry.



The VBB was my first time actually meeting Nina, although I follow her on Twitter and am familiar with her from V-103's Frank & Wanda Morning Show. I can truly say that it was a pleasure meeting her. She shared her own testimony about how God has seen her through many things and how things from her vision board have manifested. Everything about the VBB was based on the scripture, Habakkuk 2:2 which states, "2And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Elsewhere in the bible, God also states that without vision the people perish. So vision is paramount to living out our best lives. I have been putting off doing a vision board for a while now. A dear friend shared her vision board with me about 2-3 years ago before the book and subsequent movie: The Secret and other media made it popular. I liked the idea of it, but kinda shrugged it off b/c I didn't think it was for me. Well, life has a way helping you to put things into perspective. Being pregnant and soon becoming a mother has made me reevaluate a lot of things. Mainly, the type of example I want to be for my daughter, the life and opportunities I want her to be afforded and the legacy I'll leave behind. The VBB was the perfect outlet for me to use images and words to convey these ideals.

There was so much sharing, many testimonies and exchanges at the actual brunch that I decided that I would put much more time and effort into my board than was allotted at the brunch. So my vision board became an at-home project for. Here are some pictures of everything starting to come together.


The images and words I clipped out of numerous magazines



The images and words organized into motherhood, career, Who I am, friends/travel, relationships categories

I started the board w/the most important and central role of my life, and that's becoming a mother. So the center of my life is dedicated to motherhood/family and raising a happy, healthy, thriving little girl.

My completed vision board for 2010 is the sole expression of my future as I envision it. Motherhood and Who I am is first! Career, friendships, relationships and travel surround my core of motherhood and family.


I am so proud of my first vision board. I have it placed in my bedroom where I can see it several times a day as a constant reminder of where to place my faith and to continue to pray that God increases my vision and territory. This year I plan to host my own Vision Board party or brunch. It will either be on NYE (vision board party) or on NYD (vision board brunch). I think there is a lot of power in this exercise and I am so anxious and excited to see the manifestations of the vision God has given me for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment