Friday, January 8, 2010

BCS National Champions: The Crimson Tide of Alabama!!!!

Unless you live in a cave, you know that the BCS National Championship match-up between #1 Alabama and #2 Texas was played last night. It was a great game.....around the second quarter. Alabama definitely didn't have a strong start but they quickly turned it around. At half-time the score was 24-6, Alabama. That felt good, real good! We held that lead for a while and the the Texas rooky QB started to find a rhythm and they made a TD which lessened our lead. Not so comfortable for me. I won't go into a play-by-play, but it was a good ball game. Alabama, again, proved to be the best college team in the SEC and the Nation last night and I'm sooo proud of my school! Mark Ingram, our Heisman winner, stellar performance.

I was screaming like a wild banshee from start to finish. It was an intense, passion that we won. We'd gone so far during the season, undefeated, won the SEC title against then #1 Florida, so it was only right that we took the National Title. I am one proud Alumnae! Roll Tide!! I bet my baby thought I was under attack. I hope her hearing isn't all that keen just yet b/c I was cursing and yelling and doing all sorts of unseemly football things. LOL. SEC football is the best college football there is. The best football period in my opinion. I don't care for NFL at all. It just doesn't seem to resonate with me. But college football is fun and I enjoy it immensely....ok, maybe too much. Did I mention that I'm now also online looking for me and baby girl some National Championship gear? Yeah, it's that serious!

In other less important news, it snowed last night in Atlanta. I nearly missed it all together b/c I was so enthralled w/the game. My neighbor sent me a text telling me that she couldn't make it up her driveway so she had to park nearly in front of my house. That caused me to look out the window and sure enough everything was glazed over in white precipitation. It was a beautiful sight. It was in that very moment that I knew that I was NOT going into the office today. Yep, today I blog from the comforts of home. There was no way I was going to risk slipping and sliding out on the roads trying to get to work to do a function that I'm perfectly and effectively able to do from home. The news reported a 29 car pile-up not too far from my house. Confirmation. So today I'm taking it easy and getting things done from home. It's nice. I should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment