Saturday, May 22, 2010

When you hurt, I hurt

My sweet little girl has a head cold. She has been sneezing and snotting since yesterday and I think.....I know its more disturbing to me than it is to her. She's such the little trooper b/c she still manages to smile even though her nasal passages are congested. This is ripping my heart out I swear. I would have a million colds if she could avoid them all together. She's still so little and too new to be going through all this, but Olivia's such a big girl. She endures the bulb suctions that I must do each and every time that she sneezes. I am happy that the snot is clear which means that there is no infection, but I still feel so bad for my baby.

I'm not sure what I can give her since so many of the kids medicines have been recalled....so I'm going to go old-school with a remedy and put some Vicks vapor rub on the soles of her feet and cover them with socks. The Vicks is much to0 strong for her face, but her feet should be just fine. I hope this works so my baby girl can breathe easy. Her little face looks up at me with an expression that says, "I don't feel good mama....fix it." and I plan to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment