Tuesday, December 22, 2009

25wks and Christmas

We hit 25wks on Monday, Dec 21st and I can tell that Little Miss is growing a lot! Her movements are more pronounced and you can definitely now see them from the outside. I was laying in bed the other night and her movements felt so strong that I decided to take a look to see if they were visible yet from the outside, and they were! It's the weirdest/most amazing thing to see your stomach moving like that. However, in all honesty, I have been waiting for these moments.

I've kinda feel bad for G b/c he doesn't get to experience pregnancy the way that I do but if his timing is right he will soon be able to feel his daughter's karate kicks in my stomach. I love it though and wouldn't trade anything in the world for knowing that my baby is alive and thriving inside of my womb! Sometimes its hard to imagine that in about 15 weeks I'll be giving birth to our darling daughter. I feel so honored to be entrusted with such a precious little one. If God doesn't do anything thing else for me, blessing me with a healthy, happy, little girl is enough for me to ride into heaven on. Pregnancy is such an amazing emotional, spiritual, financial and physical experience. I know that no one woman has the exact same experience as the next, which makes it all the more special. But I do love to converse with other expectant mothers. Its great to talk to someone who can understand and relate to the things you're experiencing. I love talking to G about pregnancy and how good it's been to me, but sometimes I just don't think he gets how much is really taking place inside this body of mine. I'm literally, the host body for our baby until its time for her to be born and that takes a toll. More so emotionally and hormonally for me. I am flighty when it comes to the hormones. One day I want him gone and to disappear from the face of the earth, and the very next day I want to snuggle and be nothing but wrapped up in his arms of comfort. I never knew the hormonal ride could be so dramatic. I have been a drama queen and he takes it all in stride and says stuff like that he loves my expanding hips, he loves me and our baby growing in my stomach. How sweet is that? Yeah, that makes even me snap out of my tempermental evil! LOL

Christmas is in 3 days!!! I'm excited and think it's the perfect ending to a pretty great year. I mean, finding out that we were expecting was probably the best news ever so again, I could ride out on that alone. However, I always look forward to spending the Christmas holiday with my family back home in Alabama. It's not a far drive, but I rarely drive home anymore, especially now. So going home tomorrow is going to be great! My Mama and brother are excited to see how pregnant I've become since they last saw me in October. I'd say it's pretty drastic but we'll see what they think. I don't even think I was really showing when I was home. Most people didn't even believe I was pregnant, but now, oh, there's no denying that there's someone growing inside of me. I love looking pregnant and wearing maternity clothes. They are so comfortable! I haven't worn heels since this summer. Everything that I put my feet into is a flat. Even my winter boots are flat, although they come up to my knee. I just can't do that to my knees or feet b/c the last thing I'd want to do is get a little off kilter and tumble over. Not a good look. I don't have height issues so it's all good and all about comfort. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever desire to go back to my regular clothes. I mean, why on earth did we stop wearing elastic waist pants? LOL!!

Ok, I really need to get some laundry done and start packing b/c if I don't then I won't get on the road tomorrow like I've planned. I'm going to my nail spot to get the mani/pedi done today after work b/c they just don't do as good of a job back home. So that's it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment