Sunday, August 16, 2009

7 Weeks

7 weeks already. Seems pretty amazing. I'm excited, and anxious, nervous and happy all in the same wave of emotion. I went out on Friday after work to Border's and picked up The Complete Illustrated Pregnancy Companion which is a really great week-by-week book. What I love most about this book, aside from the pics and the good information are the weekly Pregnancy Affirmations. For example, this week's pregnancy affirmation is: "Being pregnant is a big change for me. I am up to the challenge." Week 6's affirmation was "My baby is growing steadily" This is a great and much needed change to most of the stuff I read on the pregnancy blogs. They're good for information too but some of it gets negative, depressing and sad a little too much for me. I want to keep it positive for me and my baby. True, it's all in God's hands, but I certainly don't want to entertain or dwell on the negative stuff. With that, I'll change the subject. So I also purchased the latest edition of What to Expect When You're Expecting and there's a ton of information there too. Between the two books and a few other sites, I feel like I know just what's going on inside my uterus. This is such an exciting time for us. We can't wait to go to our first prenatal visit on the 27th.


Friday I fly out to San Diego, CA to spend some girl time with my BFF Shun. It's going to be fun. Sorta like my last of this kind for a while. We're going to have so much fun, and I"m looking forward to seeing all that San Diego has to offer. Yaay for girlfriend get-a-ways!!!


My Mama (i.e Nanna-to-be) informed me last week of two things. One, that she wants the baby to call her Nanna and that she will buy the prince or princess' crib and crib accessories. Now ain't that a blessing and huge financial relief for G and I. I've been looking at cribs already on line and there are some really nice ones. I do know that I want dark wood, like mahogany, chocolate or espresso colored furniture. There is something really nice about dark wood. We've also decided that it makes the most sense to get the 3-in-1 bed which converts as our little one grows. Crib, toddler bed, full size bed. What a novel idea. We'll also get the changing table/dresser to match. Yep, I'm thinking/planning ahead. In fact, I've already picked the nursery colors. Now, we just have to start moving stuff and making room for our new addition. Time flies when you're having fun!

What Baby's Doing
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

Mama's Symptoms
full breasts, tender nips, sleepiness, peeing a lot, a lot of gas, moody and a little ADD

No comments:

Post a Comment