Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Wonderland


Olivia's 1st Christmas was quite remarkable. I was sooo excited for "Santa" to visit my daughter. I'm sure she had no clue what the heck was going on. She would have been happy with me allowing her to pull ornaments off of our tree.....oh but no! We, the parentals, declared that all of her firsts would be spectacular! Christmas certainly to be no exception. I can honestly say I still can't see the floor and the boxes to all the toys, dolls and gadgets are stacked high along the wall so that Tuesday when the trash man arrives he might just have to pick up, dispose and return to get all of my trash. It's truly ridiculous how much stuff is packed for trash. Sorry environment :-)

One view of the bounty

Another viewMy Pooh in her My 1st Christmas pajamas

Aside from the very fact that its Olivia's 1st Christmas, we actually had a lovely blanket of snow on Christmas Day. It actually snowed on Christmas!!!! How special is that? My Mom reminded me that I had snow for my 1st Christmas as well....although I was only 2 weeks old I'm sure I was excited about it. LOL. Here's a pic of the snow from my front door.


Olivia has been in pretty good spirits considering that she has her two front teeth coming in for a grand total of 5 teeth!!!! She's not even 9 months old yet and she has 5 teeth! I feel like she's growing up soooo fast...Geez. I think her gums are bothering her more at night b/c she is not sleeping well. In fact, last night, Christmas night she woke up every two hours. I dosed her up with some pain reliever (which she didn't want to take) and then she seemed to settle and sleep a little better. Its an awful feeling knowing that your child is in pain and there isn't much you can do. It's truly a growing pain. :-(. Better days ahead b/c she will soon be eating her own chicken wings. LOL. My baby doesn't want anything to do with baby food. I mean nothing. The only bit of baby food she gets is when I put oatmeal in her bottle, otherwise she is pretty exclusive on formula. Other than a few bites or tastes of what I'm eating. Table food is her thing. It's sooo cute. She opens her mouth like a little bird when I'm eating. Oh how I love all these tender moments with my girl. In a mere 3 months, she will be a year old....heavy sigh......too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment