Tuesday, November 30, 2010

8 months old and such a little lady


Miss Anne (Liv's nickname for her busy bodyness) is into EVERYTHING! She's strong and fast so what a combinations. Olivia started crawling at about 7.5 months and it's been on and popping every since. Actually, she'd began pulling herself up even before then. We all were convinced that she would forgo crawling altogether and skip ahead to walking. However, she's doing a combination of the two. She can pull herself to a standing position and if she holds onto the sofa or something sturdy, she can walk along aside it, especially if she sees something that she wants.

Olivia is displaying so much personality and smarts. She's very aware and attentive after her name has been spoken. It's like she's listening to hear what you're saying about her. It's funny. She loves to show her two little tic tacs in the bottom of her mouth. She sprouted those teeth around 7 months and hasn't really teethed since. I guess she's been working on getting mobile. Ha!
Olivia is not all that impressed with baby food. She prefers her bottles most days and I was praying that she'd be consuming less formula and more food. She can have some table food now, but she's drinking about 6-8 bottles a day! Sometimes I feel like she's not eating enough, but then she makes the EXPLOSIVE packages and I know she must be getting just what she needs...LOL
With the holidays upcoming, our house is buzzing with the excitement of a 1st Christmas. We spent Thanksgiving in my hometown of B'ham, AL, but before we left I put up the tree and the Christmas decoration. I love Christmas, I just love it! This time of year is just special and all the more now that I have my baby girl. I'm going to try to to go too overboard with buying things, but I ain't making no promises ;-).
We did a little Black Friday shopping in a new Outlet in Leeds and although I'd set out to "treat" myself to a few things, as is the routine Olivia ends up with 3 bags of clothes from The Children's Place, Gymboree and Carter's....like she needs another item of clothing. I did however find her dress for Christmas pictures which we're taking this Saturday at JC Penny. I'm undecided as to whether I will take a few with her or not, or just let it be her picture on the holiday cards.....decisions, decisions.
Also, I have a birthday coming up, Dec. 9th will be my 33rd!!! No big plans, just probably a spa day and a little retail therapy. It doesn't take a whole lot for me. I'm easy like Sunday morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment